Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spaghetti ala Phoebeee

As I mentioned earlier, I went to Cold Storage and bought loads of groceries. Among the foodstuff I bought was for spaghetti =D. So here's how I cook spaghetti (everything here is approximate, cause I don't really know the recipe =P):

Ingredients:
2 tomatoes
2 bombay onions
400g minced meat
1 can tomato puree
2 cans prego cheese & herbs
oregano
1 can button mushrooms (slice/dice)
500g spaghetti (boiled and kept for future meals)
2 tbsp olive oil (healthier and italian =P)

Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins (can also clean while cooking)
Serves 10 or more meals (depends on the consumer)

Method:
1. Heat up olive oil
2. Stir fry diced onions
3. Add meat and cook till meat is brown
4. Add Prego and then tomato puree
5. Add mushrooms and then diced tomatoes
6. Add oregano to heart's content
7. Keep stirring and add water if necessary.

If you have another rice cooker you can boil the spaghetti while cooking the sauce. Add some salt in the water, and boil spaghetti till it expands a little. Around 15 mins. You can break the spaghetti in half so that it fits in the pan and will be easier to eat =) After boiling, strain the water and mix with some olive oil to prevent spaghetti from sticking together.

Photobucket
Trusty ol' rice cooker

Ingredients:
Photobucket
L-R, clockwise: diced tomatoes, minced meat, diced onions, button mushrooms

Photobucket
L-R: Kimball's Tomato Puree, Prego's Cheese & Herbs, McCormick's Ground Oregano

Photobucket
Voila! Food & Photograph: Phoebe, Plate: WZ's from IKEA

MMmmmmmmmmm....awesome!! It's how my mom cooks it except the proportions are different (more meat, more tomatoes and onions)...i think =P Tastes good anyway!!

4 comments:

myownstoryasitis said...

wee...
phoebe is the new 'naked cheft' jamie oliver , wanted to say you were the lady version of jamie oliver but i forgotten her name.

Anonymous said...

wow...now I know who to ask when I need help in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

walauwehhh~~~hebatnye kamu masak... hahaha.... Jangan indah rupa dari rasa sudah la ye PB...

Phoebeeeee said...

@jyj: Can cook spaghetti only mar..not qualified to be called chef lar =P

@maryann: always ready to help! Maybe can learn a few dishes also...hehehe =)

@irma: wei sedap tau! Tak percaya ke? nak rasa? =P