12 Oct Sun 3.00pm
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Claus Peter Flor conductor
Robert Levin and Ya-Fei Chuang pianos
BEETHOVEN Overture: Egmont
MENDELSSOHN Concerto for Two Pianos in A flat
BRAHMS Symphony No.1 in C minor (Op.68)
RM85 | RM65 | RM40 | RM20
Sigh...It must have been really good. Anyway since I was already in KLCC I thought might as well do more window shopping. And KLCC is the best place to do window shopping because the things there are ridiculously expensive and your eyes just absolutely glaze over when you see the price tag! Even after it is on 70% offer you still can't afford it! =S And the parking was RM4 for 3 hours so I thought might as well hang out longer. I spent about 2 hours there, going from store to store, looking for nice shirts but again, my eyes wanted to pop out from their sockets when I saw the prices. The clothes at those branded stores aren't made for Malaysian weather anyway, so I wonder who really buys them?? The foreigners/tourists who come?? Hmmm.... Since I was so free I went to every floor and saw that Galeri Petronas had an exhibition on artworks by 12 emerging Malaysian artists, and the title of the exhibit is...uh...'Working Title' haha! [Link 1, Link 2] Art is very subjective, and the artworks were really interesting...I'm just glad I don't have to write a one-page summary of the artworks! There was also the main piece which is a super big mural titled 'The Merdeka Painting'. Quite nice, and it reminded me of the time when I was painting the walls for our Christmas Play 2 years ago. Although all I used were wall paint. And my paintings were nowhere as good as theirs. haha! After that I continued with my window shopping. By now my feet were killing me because I was wearing heels (must wear nice nice for MPO) so I decided to grab something from Coffee Bean then head back. It was quite jammed up near the Sg. Besi highway...
It was raining quite heavily on the Sg. Besi highway on my way back, and these pics are from near the UPM exit:

That's a lot of muddy water!

Water under the flyover
There was an accident at an exit just before uni. The Hyundai Matrix had the left tyres in a drain. The driver must have lost control of the car and skidded or something. Dangerous!

Cheese cake from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Cake + Caramel Ice Blended! As usual, the barista spelled my name as Fibi =_="
Managed to find spare earpads for my HP's earphones...lost one side of the rubber earpad a few months back.

RM27 for 6 earpads for earphones?? ....
Since I have been MPO deprived, here are a list of MPO events to look forward to:
23 Oct Tue 8.30pm
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Jesse Cook guitar
Virtuoso flamenco guitarist Jesse Cook has explored the limits of popular music and broken new ground, blending African percussion, Cajun accordion, classical cello and pop vocals with his own rumba flamenco style, creating a thrilling, multi–textured hybrid. Praised for his “uncompromising musicality and ferocious guitar prowess”, this Juno Award-winning artist's performances, from concert halls to appearances at major events like the Montreal Jazz Festival, are typically sold-out.
RM140 | RM100 | RM60 | RM40
26 Oct Sun 2.30pm
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Darrell Davison conductor
Michael Copley and Ian Moore buskers
The Classic Buskers
The Oxford English Dictionary defines Busking as “to play music or entertain in the streets”, and this English duo comprising woodwind virtuoso Michael Copley and keyboard/vocalist Ian Moore, bring their unique brand of musical entertainment from the streets into DFP. They guarantee a show full of wit, humour and dazzling virtuosity.
RM60 | RM50 | RM30 | RM15
30 Oct Thu 8.30pm
Europa Galante
Fabio Biondi director & violin
VIVALDI Sinfonia: La Senna Festeggiante (Rv693)
PURCELL Abdelazer
VIVALDI Violin Concerto in A minor (Rv357)
VIVALDI The Four Seasons
RM220 | RM170 | RM120 | RM60
1 Nov Sat 8.30pm/2 Nov Sun 3.00pm
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Maximiano Valdés conductor
Sarah Chang violin
RIMSKY-KORSAKOV Capriccio Espagñol (Op.34)
BRUCH Violin Concerto No.1 in G minor (Op.26)
PENDERECKI Symphony No.2 – “Christmas Symphony”
Pre-Concert Event: 7.30pm
RM95 | RM75 | RM55 | RM25
Hopefully can go for these events, especially for Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Ahh...there's nothing like listening to a live orchestra =)
A mosquito just bit me...seems to have alot of them lately...and they're really big...hmmm...must be careful!
Looks like quite an eventful day...I need to get some sleep! Long week ahead....

2 comments:
Pb!!! wep, ak link kan ko nyer blog kat mine can??
boleh boleh =) ak link ko gak k
Post a Comment