This was the program:
Sat 3 Feb 07, 8.30pm
ODYSSEY
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Kees Bakels conductor
Gérard Caussé viola
STRAVINSKY Le chant du rossignol
PROKOFIEV Scythian Suite (Op.20)
BARTÓK Viola Concerto
SCRIABIN Poem of Ecstasy (Op.54)
Endings and beginnings. Making a welcome return, Gérard Caussé brings us the Viola Concerto which Bartók was working on at the time of his death, while Kees Bakels steers the MPO through the exotic soundworld of Scriabin’s penultimate orchestral score. From the other end of composers’ careers, Stravinsky started his “Song of the Nightingale” two years before he rocketed to international fame, while the Scythian Suite was Prokofiev’s youthful attempt to shock the Russian musical establishment.
Pre-Concert Events: Sat 7.30pm, Sun 2.00pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I missed the pre-concert event because we didn't plan to go for it, but I did almost go tho...ahahaha..ah well, there's always next time...so anyway after the performance we
Me: Excuse me sir, you're the viola...guy right!
Viola dude (smiling cutely): Yes (or wassit yeah? I dunno!!)
Me: Can I take a picture with you?
Viola dude (still smiling cutely): Of course! (Or wassit yes, sure, no problem I can't remember arrghh!!)
Me (smiling like a dumbass): Yay! (okok so maybe I said that to myself)
And then he took off his trench coat (he is afterall, French!) and then another group of old dudes wanted to talk to him then I just waited and then he said to them "Excuse me while I take a picture with this young lady here." YOUNG LADY HE SAID YOUNG LADY!!! ahahahah...now I sound like a deranged fan :P Anyway we took a picture, and he squeezed me the whole time we took the pic (which I don't think was that long anyway) but it was so exciting!! He's so niceeee!! And then after I took with him another girl wanted to take a pic with him and then Sarah took a pic with him..So sorry Sarah your pic was blur, it looked ok on the LCD screen after I took the pic!! My hands are getting more unsteady, or it could be that I was hungry and so my hands shook....hahaha
Anyway it was really fun, going with this bunch of people, and also because I was the organizer! :P So here are some pics, and as always my fave pic is of me and the viola dude!

Me, Raphael, Sarah

All the guys

All da girls

Me n Raph

Me n Cheow (our transport for the night!)

Me n Gary

My fave pic of all! Me and Mr. Gérard Caussé (awww he squeezed huggable me!)
That's all! Quite a lengthy post, and I loved every minute of the event! Next outing would be 3rd Mar =)
Awww...huggable me and Mr. Gérard Caussé....*bahagia* =P

2 comments:
Yup it was indeed fun..especially the posing part..haha..yea yea..phoebs likes old bald guys!!hahaha..so guys..if u r not old or bald...sorry la..no chance...wahahhaha...:P
okay...wat do u all gather from this post??YES exatly!!...phoebs only likes old AND bald guys so...guys...if u are not old or bald,you don't qualify...hahahaha...Sorry la..i had to do that..:P
Post a Comment