Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why do people make small talk?

Can someone tell me why? For example, all I needed was a document and so this person sends me the document. And then she asks me all these unnecessary questions like got anymore tests la, what movie is ur display pic from la blah blah blah. All i needed was the document!! Why do you have to torture me with your small talk?? I don't need the pleasantries la...why can't ppl make it so that if its business, it's strictly business? sigh...

Since im in a pissy mood again, wanna talk about people who talk slow. I think i'd much rather listen to someone who talks fast than someone who unnecessarily talks slow. Come on lar. If you genuinely have a medical problem where you have to talk slow, i understand la. If not ah, why talk slow? Want the attenion issit? Haiyoooo...it's like when somebody says:

"Can you guys please sit in a circle?"

Usually people will say it in like...less than 5 seconds. But for some slow people its like:

"Err...(pause)..can you guys...how do I say this ah....(pause)..ah, sit in a circle?"

Which took up like what...20 seconds of my life?? Why?? WHYYYY???

Sigh.

If they occasionally talk slow also can la. Maybe they actually think before talking. But some people....just....talk...so...slow...i...might....fall...asleep...

No comments: