Pink Martini finally came to Malaysia to perform!! I was so happy when I saw DFP KL in their list of concert performances! (I subscribe to their email updates, and this email was in early January).
I was so happy I think I jumped around my room for a while before calming down and checking MPO’s website :P I was super excited as I haven’t been to a concert of my fave band! :D
You could tell which songs are the crowd’s favourite as the crowd cheered after the song title they were gonna perform was announced! They got especially loud cheers for Sympathique (my fave) and Amado Mio (also my fave!). The songs are in many different languanges, mainly English, French, Italian and Spanish.
Autograph session (only half of the band):
With Thomas Lauderdale, band leader and awesome pianist!

One thing that really makes me mad is that DFP is quite strict when it comes to picture taking. I understand that we are restricted to take pics in the hall, but outside also?? Sigh…we were told no pictures during the autograph session, only afterwards we can take pics with them. But when they’re autographing also we can’t take their pics? Why?? At least they didn’t ask us to delete the pictures that we already took :)

Autographed albums :D
Autographed program booklet :D
Couldn’t find any of their albums in stores, so I bought all 3 of the ones they sold that night (they didn’t sell Hey Eugene!).. RM157 in total! Wahhh!! Their latest album, Splendor in the Grass cost RM67 and the rest RM45.
Some of the band members were really glad to see us and kept thanking us for coming and supporting. Like China Forbes (lead vocals) said before the concert started, they didn’t know they had so many fans in Malaysia! :)
They have another album coming out soon. Looking forward to that :D Hope they come again!
p.s. Datuk Paduka (?) Marina Mahathir was there also, wonder if she’s a fan or someone invited her to go :) She was sitting in the row in front of us :)

No comments:
Post a Comment