Thursday, September 03, 2009

See you later…

Those were the last words I spoke to him…on Wednesday before Techflow started. But I didn’t join them after class finished that day. Suddenly it’s Sunday and he’s missing. And then it’s Monday and he’s gone…

Gary Leon Robert, my favourite Chindian, passed away a month ago due to extreme dehydration after a marathon.

One of the statistics.

It was so sudden…so unbelievable…

Especially on the day I had a job interview…and he would’ve been one of those I would look forward to tell ‘I got a job!!’

I don’t have many close friends, and I considered him a really good friend of mine…we had so much fun working together during Christmas Night 07 & 08…and in Techflow…

We all wonder why this happened, especially to one so loved by all…

But I guess God loved him more and we are blessed to have known him…

I don’t have a brother, but he was like a brother to me…annoying at times but also supportive and full of encouragement…

I miss getting forwarded messages or replies of forwarded messages from him…

I miss the greeting ‘Chindian!!’ followed by a big hug whenever he sees me…

There’s so much more I could say…but words escape me.

 

When he was doing his industrial training, we chatted almost every day….talked about all kinds of things…and we even talked about MJ’s sudden death…

Now all we have of him are memories that we will cherish…until we meet him again in Heaven! :)

 

Pictures not following time sequence:

P1190235Christmas party at his house, 2007  

Pic 1

21st birthday party, 2008IMG_1503   Christmas Night Thanksgiving Dinner, 2008

IMG_1469

    With another Chindian @ Christmas Night Thanksgiving Dinner, 2008

IMG_1474Props Crew @ Christmas Night Thanksgiving Dinner, 2008 P1190231 Christmas party at his house, 2007   P1190232 Christmas party at his house, 2007   P8292419 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 20084 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008n740228478_947567_8823 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008P8282201 On the way to Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008P8282206 On the way to Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008P8282216 On the way to Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008P8282279 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008P8292327

Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008 n671143788_846366_7466

Techflow EGM, 2008 ‘C for Chindians!’

n671143788_846634_874 Techflow EGM, 2008n671143788_846369_859 Techflow EGM, 2008n671143788_846549_3759 Techflow EGM, 2008

   cpr10 CPR @ PD, 2008n524344278_1150742_8331 CPR @ Kuala Selangor, 2008

 

IMG_0477 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008 IMG_0456 Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008 IMG_0459  Techflow Camp @ Penang, 2008

P9070436 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9050107 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060158 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060208 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060221 Dressed up as Woody & Cowgirl for Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007 P9060246 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060290 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007  P9060321 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060334  Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060358 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060362 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P9060373 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007 P1210353 Group pic, Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P1210354Group pic, Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007  P1210356 Group pic, Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P1210405 Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P1210413  Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007P1210432Techflow Camp @ PD, 2007

 

And my fave pic of all:DSC00563Chindians! @ Christmas party at his house, 2007  

 

In loving memory of Gary Leon Robert

18 August 1987 – 3 August 2009

Chindians Rock!!

2 comments:

myownstoryasitis said...

sorry to hear about your friend.
he is indeed in a better place where there is no pain and suffering =)
*hugs* and yes Chindians rock =)

Phoebeeeee said...

thanks Jess =)
*hugs* miss ya lots!