Saturday, January 17, 2009

Green post

Are you an environmentally conscious person? Do you separate your trash like paper, glass, aluminum cans, plastic? Yes? Then good for you! No? Then do something!

Read about this guy in TheStar the other day and it's a really interesting project. Click here for his blog on 365 days without throwing anything away! He's also got great ideas on how to help save the environment...it's not that hard! Especially since these days (almost) everyone's talking about sustainable development.

In my apartment, I think I'm the only psycho one who forces everyone to separate the trash like paper, milk cartons (those tetra-pak cartons can be recycled!), aluminum cans n glass bottles. Those cereal boxes you throw away can be flattened and then put together with the pile of newspapers and papers to be recycled. Aluminum cans and glass bottles can be collected to be sold later on, or left in a bag for the cleaners to take for recycling. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it makes any difference. If everyone in uni recycles at least paper, it would make a huge difference!

I feel kinda guilty when I pack back food from shops with those styrofoam boxes...although this semester I hardly packed food, because I'll either be eating sandwiches or cooking in the apt :) Next time I gotta bring a nice lunch box when packing food..:)

I wish we had a center for collecting recycling stuff in uni..or near uni...like at least outside the main gate or something...hahaha...but I have a feeling that center will be vandalized anyway...sigh...

No comments: