Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sesat!

In KL? To be honest I think you don't get lost in KL, you just take extra long to get to your destination because you sometimes go round in circles only to find that your destination was "just over there!!" hahaha...okok im just crapping again!

Hmmm...so I drove to KL today (ok, Jalan Raja Chulan to be precise) to meet up with the Uncle (he calls me 'aunty'!! i know la i look old...) whose wife is the previous owner of my Citroen ZX. Left uni at almost 12pm (should have left earlier - class ended 1 hour early!) and then went towards the city center. I thought I could make it without properly analyzing the map cause I'll just follow the road signs. Bad idea. Cause I was correct about 3/4 through, and then I decided maybe I should turn left somewhere and ended up going round Pavilion. Which is SO near my destination. Gah! With so many traffic lights + cars + people all I could think of is: where is this elusive building??!! So after wasting around 30 mins going round and then figuring out the building and how to get to the carpark I reached my destination. Anyway, I was late but I had fun talking to Uncle S (that's his new name!) and his friend M. Most of the time the conversation was about cars. VW cars actually. That's how they got to know each other. All the people who are crazy about VWs get together and go places, chat about their cars and i guess whatever else car enthusiasts do! So there I was listening to car crazy people talk. They're really nice people, I wish I knew more about cars then I can actually contribute to the conversation! At the moment, all I know about cars are from Top Gear and the occasional interesting article found on the web....hmmm...Somewhere in between the word 'boyfriend' was uttered and i was like "whaaa? I don't have one la ok!!" Besides, I'm still young! *cough cough* At the moment I'm just admiring other people's wedding pics! =P Everyone asks that question nowadays...especially the aunties and uncles...sighh...anyway hope to hangout with Uncle S again sometime =)

Pics from lunch:
Photobucket
Chicken Teriyaki Set

Photobucket
Water!

I read an article somewhere that said people were much happier those days. Why? They might not have the comforts or technology that we have now, but they were generally happier because they did not have much choice. What brand of soap to buy? No need to think - there's only one brand (or 2 or 3, im just giving an example) But today? With so much advertising and so many choices to choose from, people are stressed. They make a choice, but later they worry on whether they made the right choice. So its so much easier when you don't have a choice right? I mean you can complain but at the end of the day you're happier than if you made a choice and are constantly worried. Am I making any sense here?

Going back for the week!! Woohoo! But I think I hafta catch up on my FYP...hmmm...

No comments: