Friday, August 20, 2010

Living in a small (or medium sized) town

So it’s confirmed. I officially have a job post now. What post? Wait ah I distribute business cards when I get them :P But no work yet because I still don’t have a work PC (5 days and no PC yet!). But at least got a table now, in our own room somemore! (I think the rest are slightly jealous cause they have cubicles and no window with a view :P) Had to look for tables and cabinets for my ‘office’, which is a room that used to be the resource center/library. It’s quite spacious and is shaped like a trapezium. (I think slightly bigger than GM’s office but 2 of us are sharing this room :P) So it’s my fifth day in this new department, and the boss and staff are super nice. People keep telling me I’m gonna  have lots to do, which is good news. And it’s because I’m in charge of the store and they’re planning a move sometime soon =O. Which is gonna be fun and exactly what people like me who like data and organizing and has OCD enjoy doing! Unless something goes wrong, which shouldn’t because I will be watching them!! muahahaha! eh…terpesong pulak haha… It would be nice to be busy after 9 months of hanging around being a busybody when I want to and sitting in the resource center surfing the network.

Office day 1: only chairs

IMG_1419Day 2: added one table

IMG_1422Day 3: added another table and stationery

IMG_1441IMG_1427I have stationery! But forgot to take post-it… 

 

Day 4: added steel cabinets

IMG_1445Day 5: Waiting for PC, so enjoy the view first :P

IMG_1447

Must be the longest time taken to set up an office ever! hahaha!

 

So I’ll be in this town for at least a few years. It’s a nice town, I grew up here so I’m familiar with the area. However I don’t go out much because ‘no gang’. haha wat to do, everyone moved away d or studying/working in KL. Anyway good la save money (altho at the moment there seems to be quite a bit of expenditure, especially when I go to KL once a month :P). In the process of looking for a house here so that me and sis don’t have to squeeze in the room we now share, and maybe get Nintendo Wii so that we can play in the hall when she’s free =D I’ll still go back to Ipoh every weekend I guess, unless when I’m on standby. Which means I really gotta find friends…hmmm… but there’s not much to do here anyway except go to the beach, go grocery shopping, watch a movie in the cinema, go to Pangkor Island, hangout in Lumut… what do people do in big towns anyway? hmmm…

The one thing that makes me not want to make new friends is the fact that people think I’m Malay. Doesn’t help when here at work 99% are Malays. And I don’t like to explain to people when they ask me where I’m from etc because the answers are not simple!! Even the normal simple questions. Sigh… How to make new friends like this?? T.T

Anyway I guess it’s time to look for a husband =O Should look for my sister first muahahaha!

Till next post!

Toodles!

3 comments:

myownstoryasitis said...

eh which part of you that looks like a malay?
on the plus point u do have a friend there...u can always find mariam...:)

Phoebeeeee said...

most people think I'm Malay...and its worse when 99% of the staff here are Malay...sigh..they say I have Malay features....whateverrr...haha

myownstoryasitis said...

u got malay features? since when?
weird...haha