Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Subsidy cuts

Notice that they don’t call it a price hike but subsidy cuts or subsidy rationalization. It seems that they had a press conference with the media to tell them not to use words like price hike. That’s what my colleague told me. Hmmm…. But there is a increase in price because subsidy has been cut so its not lying, just a better choice of words…

RON95 increased by 5 sen, sugar 25 sen per kg, RON97 increased by 5 sen (so far, price is not fixed) and more.

Why is sugar subsidized in the first place? It’s not a basic necessity. Personally I can live without sugar. So I wouldn’t mind paying a bit more for sugar. Besides, It’s not like it cost Rm100 per kg, and you only use a little at a time. What’s the big deal?

Hopefully there will be less diabetics in this country.

For now 5 sen increase in petrol is not much. It will cost me maybe RM10 more per month. Not too bad. At least its done gradually so that we don’t get shocked. Hmmm…

Someday I’m gonna cycle to work, like how I used to cycle to school. My colleagues will think im insane. But its ok, I’ll be saving the environment a little and also get some exercise hehe ;) Or maybe get a place to stay which is nearer to the workplace :P

No comments: