Thursday, July 15, 2010

Still there?

Hi faithful readers (those of you who are still here :P)

Sorry for the lack of updates..as usual, so much to say, so lazy to type :P

A friend asked for help to book a one way flight ticket from KL to Russia (No direct flights but transit at DEL, Dubai or Abu Dhabi are a few available). As usual, we always want the cheapest ticket available! So I had to ask my good friend Google for some suggestions. ;) Some of the usual cheap flight ticket websites don’t permit credit cards outside US or Canada to be used so I had to be creative. So I checked the cheap flight ticket websites and got the flight carriers and times as well as their transit airports, and checked out their websites, checking their prices and flight times. They don’t have MAS or Air Asia on the list and I thought: why not try our local airline websites and see if I can get a suitable flight time for KUL to DEL/BKK/HAN (transit). So after checking em all out and deciding that DEL-SVO was the cheapest flight (Aeroflot – Russian airline), I checked out the price for KUL-DEL thru MAS and Air Asia. Managed to get Air Asia ticket for half the MAS price. (Always check both because sometimes you can get a cheaper MAS ticket :)) And by doing this, I managed to save approx RM650 =D

All this done by just sitting in front of the computer. I love it! =D

I actually had fun doing all this researching. Weird? Maybe. But now I know more about each airline company I checked. Hehe. I had so much fun during my short trip to Miri to visit a friend, and I can’t wait to go on another holiday! Even if I have to go alone! hahaha desperate! :P Oh and the short trip to JB and Singapore was also so much fun! I wanna go again! Still have some cash from the last trip hehe :)

Near future destination ideas: Vietnam, Sydney

Future destination ideas: Paris, Italy, London (Let’s see if i can save enough money :P)

 

Oh and a note to myself to blog about these topics:

1) Work & back to life in a small town (Nov onwards)

2) OBM for 2 weeks! (Jan)

3) Trip to JB & Singapore (End of February)

3) Trip to Miri (End of April)

 

It feels like a productive day so far, and i’m feeling good! :)

1 comment:

myownstoryasitis said...

woot...finally she blogs...
ya suprisingly mas at times can be cheaper than aa.
eh next time you can open those tourist / reservation airline company since u like to do research...lol