It was a long weekend so I decided to do some cooking. I was home alone because my parents went to Penang. On my list of things to cook were meatballs, chocolate cake (from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook) and raisin scones.
Here’s the recipe I used. Made Italian bread crumbs from scratch because I don’t think we have ready made ones here and anyway its not that hard to make, as long as you have the ingredients.
Basically I think you can put anything you want in the meatballs (some recipes had Parmesan cheese) so this is the best part about making your own food – you make it according to your own taste! :)
Italian Meatballs – So easy I don’t think its much of an achievement :P Anyone can make these! :D
Italian Bread Crumbs – I didn’t have parsley, and used fresh garlic and onion instead of the powder version.
How to make Bread Crumbs – I used gardenia wholemeal bread and toasted it in the bread toaster instead of baking it into the oven. worked just as good :)
I got 10 decent-sized meatballs from using 280g of minced beef. The size is totally up to you, but if you wanna be fair to all the meatballs its better to use an ice-cream scoop as suggested ;)
Bread crumbs
Italian meatballs before baking
Ta-daa! :D
Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs! :D :D
So yummy!! And tastes better since I know what’s inside :)
Next step is to make Swedish meatballs. The only thing stopping me from making those are the lack of ingredients needed to make them. If only I had a pantry with rows and rows of herbs and spices neatly arranged in glass jars…hmmm…wanna get one of those like what the chefs on Asian Food Channel have :D

1 comment:
*SluRP*
Post a Comment