Thursday, November 12, 2009

Work!

Yo ppl! If you haven’t heard, I am now a working woman! Haha…actually more like a trainee la….but for the next 1 year..im known as a ‘Jurutera Mekanikal Pelatih’. Where? A place I used to live – Sitiawan/Manjung! I guess they sent me here because of my FYP…aih…but ok lar at least my sis is here so I have a place to stay…the other 2 guys have to tumpang some the senior’s house…kesian rite…dahla we were only informed on Friday where we’re goin, and then lapor diri Monday, then no accomodation is provided…really weird la this company…no communication and no planning between HQ and here…and then they keep changing the training schedule for each batch….hmmm…

At the moment me and the 2 other guys have been assigned to OJT (On Job Training) so we will be sitting in the classroom and learning, and then we have a walk down session where we go on site to see the real stuff (in class we read the technical drawings). Oh and we have a mentor and a buddy! Hehehe…but haven’t really bugged my buddy…no problems so far, and hopefully it stays that way…:)

So far it’s been ok, everyone is really nice and always willing to impart their knowledge.

Monday – Lapor diri at 9am, then hang around while they decide what’s next. Then met up with our mentor – Pengurus Kanan HR (dunno why HR). He’s nice. And then one HR guy gave us a briefing on the Plant. And then in the afternoon we had a briefing on safety. After that it was lepak until time to go back :P

Schedule for the past few days:

Tuesday – They din know what to give us to do yet so we just sat in the meeting room till 10am. Then the HR guy took us around the plant in a Kembara…hehe…it’s a big area….and then in the afternoon we went to see the bosses and then lepak in the library till balik time…hehe…

Wednesday – Finally they had our schedule ready! So we started our OJT.

Thursday – Today!

I’m also writing all this here so that I can refer to it when I need to write in my logbook…hehe…feels like industrial training all over again….aih….

Good thing is there’s plenty of shaded parking, but the food – all Malay so i only eat at the canteen/outside once in a while…there are plenty of makan stalls around the area but all Malay food…it’s nice, but not much variety…i miss the economy rice stall in Serdang!! I could go out and eat but then it’s no fun travelling out and then eating alone …next week onwards plan to bring ‘bekal’ – sandwich…see how la…need to bring back the rest of my stuff from KL first…

Today I brought my laptop to work because our trainer gave us soft copies of the operation manuals with the drawings. So there’s a ton of stuff to read. There’s WiFi but I think only selected people have the password…hmm…have to work on that…my new project: find out the password! Heh heh heh….not that I don’t have internet at all, but using the computer without internet is pretty boring…its hard not being able to Google whenever I need…

Tomorrow is a Friday so it means 2 hour lunch break and work finish at 5! hehe! Will be going back to Ipoh and then going to KL for my dad’s medical thingy, then come back Sunday and drive to work Monday morning. As of now I will be going back every weekend…my mom didn’t give the orders, but it seems that it’s what i’m expected to do…hmmm….tricky situation…but if my car ran on water i would travel back to Ipoh everyday la…

p.s. I typed this post this afternoon and came back home to publish it..hehe…

p.s.s. I thought I would die of smoke inhalation from the coal ash or the staff smoking, but it turns out one of the pelatih guys smoke, so im already dying slowly from there….haha…

3 comments:

myownstoryasitis said...

whahaha now i can see u whenever im back in sitiawan and ooo think of the money that you can save since ur living there

wz said...

Tomyam Hasnah is quite good I think... has branches all over Manjung.

And Choon Fatt seafood stall is also quite good. I rike their Chow Fan (fried rice). Just opposite Ling Brothers Sports Shop, around Khazanah Hardware area, Manjung. You can have lunch there if you're bored of Malay food.

If all else fails, Home Curry House is always there =)

About the trainee smoking... isn't the whole plant a non-smoking area??!

Phoebeeeee said...

Haha yeah Jess...but weekends i will be goin back la...unless u tell earlier...hehe

WZ: Kinda far oso leh...with all the traffic lights n all...will be bringing sandwich to work soon...easier... Home Curry House reserved for Fridays - 2 hour break! :D

Yeah...supposed to be non-smoking area la...but then..other ppl oso smoke so he also smoke lo...