Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gopeng (23 May 09)

We left for my house in the afternoon, and stopped by Gopeng to visit the museum that opened in April. You can read more here. It’s a shoplot and there are lots of antique stuff there. There’s no entrance fee, but you can donate if you want to :)

A brief stopover at Kellie’s castle before we went to Gopeng: DSC_0844 DSC_0845 DSC_0846 DSC_0849 DSC_0851 Hokkiens rock! I managed to get this picture even tho the car was moving ;)DSC_0852 DSC_0853 Stopped here to get some…pau..cause we were hungry :)DSC_0854 DSC_0855 Pictures of the Gopeng Museum:DSC_0856 DSC_0857 DSC_0858 DSC_0859 DSC_0860 DSC_0863 DSC_0866

DSC_0869

  DSC_0866 DSC_0867 DSC_0871 DSC_0872 DSC_0873 DSC_0874 DSC_0878 DSC_0883 DSC_0886 DSC_0889 DSC_0892 DSC_0896 If I remember correctly, WZ said this used to be the sign outside a shop/medicinal hall(?) with the names of the medicine they sell.DSC_0897 DSC_0898 Road signs that used to be mounted on buildingsDSC_0900 The model is pointing at..uh…the beam part of the weighing scale…DSC_0902DSC_0903 DSC_0904 DSC_0905 My grandpa used to cycle this type of bicycle and I got a free ride on the back :) These bikes are really easy to cycle…I miss those rides!DSC_0906 DSC_0909 DSC_0911 DSC_0916 DSC_0920 DSC_0921 DSC_0929After the museum we went to visit a temple (tourist mah) and there was a puppy outside, and so I wanted to take a pic. As usual, I just simply said smile, and the puppy actually smiled!!! Freaky!!! WZ was there and she can tell you that the puppy actually smiled when I said ‘smile’!!! What’s freakier is that it’s outside a temple…so…hehe…who knows…

DSC_0945

DSC_0948 Huge doors!DSC_0938 DSC_0940 DSC_0941 DSC_0942 DSC_0944 DSC_0947

I dunno how to read Chinese characters, so I cannot translate for you…hehe…that’s all for Gopeng pics, next up is pics of Ipoh!

3 comments:

myownstoryasitis said...

lol i just realize that my house stuff can be consider antique woh,
my house got the items that they have in the museum such as:
1. the old sewing machine
2. the old lamp/light bulb thinggy
3.the weighing sclae thinggy
4. the alat penumbuk thinggy
5.the kapak thinggy
6. the bicycle


btw the puppy is so cute =)

Phoebeeeee said...

haha! memang antique! next time i go tour your house k

myownstoryasitis said...

lol i never know those stuff was antique woh, i just thought those stuff as old hahahaha, hmm wonder if i sell those stuff to the museum how much i can earn