Monday, September 06, 2010

Antique?

Last weekend, I asked my parents how much our recon Monington & Weston piano cost when they bought it, and it was RM4000 (including transport from Penang). And that’s in 1989. So it was pretty pricey back then and is still pricey now. And it’s definitely older than me because it already second hand in 1989 and the company ceased piano production in 1976! =O

And then looking thru the records (my dad keeps all the receipts of everything they buy neatly arranged in files) I confirmed that the Mitsubishi vacuum cleaner that I use so often to clean out our cars is older than me (bought in 1986)!! hahaha! I remember that we only have that one vacuum cleaner ever since I knew what a vacuum cleaner is!! But I have seen older vacuum cleaners – the piano tuner that has tuned our piano ever since we got it uses a Hoover vacuum! Now THAT is ANTIQUE! lol

Ooh and I found this website of a piano store in Ipoh that sells quite a variety of new and used pianos. They even have one made in 1896! =O They also have baby grand pianos…starting from RM52,000… and they transport them nationwide! not bad eh…

So by now you can conclude that we have old stuff at home! hahaha! But it’s because we know how to take care of things we use :)

I guess my parents won’t be getting a new vacuum cleaner anytime soon…we’ll see how many years it lasts! ;)

 

p.s. people keep asking me when I’m going to change my car. why la?? my car ok mah…i will keep using it until it doesn’t want to run anymore! lol. I don’t replace something unless it’s really broken and so, the 11-year old Citroen is here to stay! (but please don’t make me pay too much for repairs lol)

No comments: